Building futures for students in Chicago's Pilsen Neighborhood
Parents Right to Know
- Regarding Driver’s Licenses, no instruction permit shall be issued to any applicant who is under the age of 18 years and who has been certified to be a chronic or habitual truant, as defined in Section 26-2a of the School Code.
- Information regarding the laws relating to the student self-administration of asthma medication, shall be found at http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/publicacts/fulltext.asp?Name=094-0792. If you do not have access to this website and would like to view it, please notify the school.
- Parents have a right to know if their children’s teachers have met State qualifications and licensing criteria for the grade level and subject areas they are teaching; if their children’s teachers are teaching under emergency or other provisional status; and the degree major of their children’s teachers and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teachers. Parents also have the right to know the qualifications of any paraprofessionals who provide service to their children.
- Parents or guardians of students wishing to exercise their right to request that the name, address and telephone number of their child not be released to military recruiters should send a letter to that effect to the school.
- Public ACT 09-0994 of the Illinois General Assembly states that parents must be notified regarding the Sex Offender Registry. This Registry can be found at http://www.isp.state.il.us/sor. If you do not have access to this website and would like to view it, please notify the school.
- In accordance with Illinois and Federal Asbestos Regulations, as copy of the Asbestos Management Plan for this school is available during school hours by appointment. Requests to review Asbestos Management Plan must be made at least 24 hours in advance. CPS conducts asbestos inspections will take place in 2007. Asbestos surveys are conducted every six months.
- Student Records Parental Rights: Right to inspection, Right to amend the record if there are errors, Right to control the release of student record information.